From: Kelly, Chuck [mailto:chuckk@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 10:24 AM
To: Willard Dawson
Cc: issforum@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ISSForum] Black Ice/RSDP version 7.0 issues with XP SP2

Willard,

We have seen some strange things post XP SP2 and it has been quite
difficult to narrow things down. Here is what we know for sure.

1. All issues with RSDP are on Windows XP SP2 hosts. We are running RSDP
7.0EBO and 7.0ENO with same symptoms.

2. Regardless if the host is a laptop or desktop, we noticed slow web
browsing when RSDP is installed.

3. The laptops that are running RSDP are all IBM Thinkpads, T22, T30,
T40, and T41's. A lot of the laptops seem to have issues with computer
freezes. All of the sudden they totally lock up and a hard power reset
is required to restart them. Total loss of keyboard control occurs.

I suspect we are looking at multiple issues. The Thinkpads may have
hardware issues that SP2 made more prevalent. The slow web browsing may
be an SP2 bug that RSDP aggravates.

Since we are not getting core dumps or logs of any trouble, it is hard
to pinpoint.

--
Chuck