RE: [ISSForum] RE: Generating Reports

HI Venkat:

We had the same problem , and the solution is very simple, use SQL queries ,
and later you can, for example make reports from excel, brio , or another
reporting software.

Here are some code to extract data from the SensorData (between months, or
days) Table and save in another instance of sql server (for performance , if
you take the data directly from the sensordata database online the
performance is very bad).

--------------- Query -------------
(SensorData)

SELECT SensorData.SensorDataID, SensorData.AlertDateTime,
SensorData.SensorName, SensorData.AlertName, SensorData.AlertPriority,
SensorData.SrcAddressName, SensorData.DestAddressName,
SensorData.ProtocolID, SensorData.SourcePort, SensorData.SourcePortName,
SensorData.DestPortName, SensorData.Objectname, SensorData.SensorAddress,
SensorData.Username, SensorData.Alertcount
FROM RealSecureDB.dbo.SensorData
WHERE
(SensorData.Sensorname like 'SENSORNAME%') AND
(SensorData.AlertDateTime BETWEEN '2004-10-01 00:00:00' AND '2004-10-31
23:59:59')

 (SensorDataResponse)

SELECT SensorDataResponse.SensorDataID, SensorDataResponse.ResponseTypeName
FROM RealSecureDB.dbo.SensorDataResponse, RealSecureDB.dbo.SensorData
WHERE
(SensorDataResponse.SensorDataID=SensorData.SensorDataID) AND
(SensorData.Sensorname like'SENSORNAME_%') AND
(SensorData.AlertDateTime BETWEEN'2004-10-01 00:00:00'AND'2004-10-31
23:59:59')

(SensorDataAVP)

SELECT SensorDataAVP.SensorDataID, SensorDataAVP.AttributeName,
SensorDataAVP.AttributeValue
FROM RealSecureDB.dbo.SensorDataAVP, RealSecureDB.dbo.SensorData
WHERE
(SensorDataAVP.SensorDataID = SensorData.SensorDataID) AND
(SensorData.Sensorname like 'SENSORNAME_%') AND
(SensorData.AlertDateTime BETWEEN '2004-10-01 00:00:00' AND '2004-10-31
23:59:59')

with this 3 tables you can make some reports with another database online
but not in production.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for my english :)

Juanuko