[ISSForum] Admin Password

We have purchased Proventia A604 from a vendor. No one remembers the installed password on the device. I'm able to console in to the machine but no way of getting passed the login. The bootloader points to a:
"kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-24.7.x ro root=/dev/hda5". I would like to be able to boot into a single user mode so I can set the password.

Thanks in advance for your help.