[ISSForum] Database full

Greetings,
I've inherited a badly neglected RealSecure installation.
The first thing I see is that the database primary space is full (22,750 MB)
and that automatic maintenance is turned off.
I can't tun on maintenance purge/shrink from the console because I can't get
the command to the DB server naturally enough - the primary space is full
:-(
The *really* bad news is that because the primary space is full I can't stop
the automatic maintenance :-((
DB version is 2.0 (XPU 1.36)
Looking the Knowledge base I see that answer ID #1145 says that I can use
exec iss_PurgeSD '1/1/2001'  (using a date of my choice of course)
Before I run this from the MSSQL Query Analyser can somebody advise me of
any traps I should avoid and what effect if any will not stopping the
automatic maintenance have?
Regards,
Peter Landers

E-mail Disclaimer:
Any personal information in this e-mail must be handled in accordance with
the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 [Cth].  The information contained in
the e-mail may be confidential and if the person receiving the e-mail is not
the intended recipient they should immediately advise ARCBS by e-mail
response to the ARCBS sender and then deal with the e-mail as directed by
ARCBS. The views expressed in the e-mail are those of the individual sender
unless otherwise stated to be the views of ARCBS. No warranties are provided
that the e-mail is computer virus or other defect free.