AW: [ISSForum] Database full

Here is a proceedure I got from Matthew Ward of ISS some time ago. If you have the MSSQL Query Analyzer installed, then you do not need to run osql from the command line. Note that each time you run the query to delete data, it takes a while. You might also want to try more than one day.

==================================
First, shut down all the SiteProtector services. Then, the next step is to attempt to give yourself a little more space to work with
    C:\osql -E -Q "ALTER DATABASE RealSecureDB MODIFY FILE (NAME='SiteProtector site database primary data file', SIZE=2048MB)"

Then you want to find the earliest date that your data is so that you can start purging the data one day at a time to free up more space.
    C:\osql -E -d RealSecureDB -Q "SELECT MIN(ObservanceTime) FROM Observances (NOLOCK)"

Once you have the earliest date, try purging one day at a time to free up some memory.
    C:\osql -E -d RealSecureDB -Q "exec iss_PurgeSD '2003-10-14'" C:\osql -E -d RealSecureDB -Q "exec iss_PurgeObs '2003-10-14'"

To find out how much space you have free in the database, use the following command:
    C:\>osql -E -d RealSecureDB -Q "exec sp_spaceused"

If you can't purge because you still don't have enough space, you can also try truncating the following tables to get at least enough space to try to purge one day at a time:
    C:\>osql -E -d RealSecureDB -Q "truncate table SensorDataUpdates"

And if you don't mind losing all the details behind all of your event data, you can try the following, but this should be used as a last resort if the above doesn't work:
    C:\>osql -E -d RealSecureDB -Q "truncate table SensorDataAVP"

Once you have approximately 100MB free, you should be able to start SiteProtector up and run the automatic database maintenance mentioned above. Those automated procedures should get your system back to a healthy state. As I stated at the biginning, this may not work, MSDE generally does not recover well when it gets full, so there may be nothing left to try except a re-install. I hope this helps.
==================================

James Mohr
IT Operations
ELAXY Business Solution & Services GmbH & Co. KG.
Am Hofbräuhaus 1
96450 Coburg
Germany
Fon +49 (0) 95 61.55 43.0
Fax +49 (0) 95 61.55 43.300
E-Mail: james.mohr@xxxxxxxxx
"Be more concerned with your character than with your
reputation. Your character is what you really are while
your reputation is merely what others think you are." --
John Wooden
Be sure to visit the Linux Tutorial:
http://www.linux-tutorial.info