RE: [ISSForum] tempdev and templog full

I think you should tunne the policy applied to the Gs, may be you have all the auditing events enabled and this is not a good practice in a production enviroment.

By analyzing the amount of events in the Sensor Analysis tab you can notice which events are causing the DB grows in that way and you should filter or disable these events.

-----Original Message-----
From: issforum-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:issforum-bounces@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cesar Farro Flores
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:57 PM
To: ISSForum@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] tempdev and templog full

Hi guys :

My scenario :
      - Two IPS G200
      - HPML 350 Application Server
      - HPML 350 Event Collector and Data Base  (Hard Disk is 76 GB  - >
C : 40 GB   and  D :30 GB )
         * La Base de datos esta el unidad C.
      - HPML 110  Securitu Fusion
      - Workstation - SPConsole

Problem :
Today  I could´nt   enter to my Application Server because in my Event
Collector DataBase  i t was  disk full  , basically the following files were :
      C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data :
            - templog.ldf -> 34GB
            - tempdb.mdf -> 6GB
Then we removed  the data and modified  the initial values  by  "SQL Server
Enterprise Manager " :   LOCAL \ Databases\tempdb -> Properties :
      - Data Files  -> File Name : tempdev - > Maximum file size : Restrict file growth (MB) :  8000 - File Growth by Percent 10
      - Data Files  -> File Name : templog  - > Maximum file size : Restrict file growth (MB) :  8000 - File Growth by Percent 10

Then we could enter to my application server , but it is a temporal solution because rigth now we have only one IPS working the next week we will have working  two IPS  inline  with  high traffic,  So the file growth will  execeed my hard disk , are there documentation to prevent it ?

I will appreciate your help,

Cesar F.