[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ISSForum] RSKill on VLAN
Could you please verify this configuration??
I have problem about How to sent RSKill to switch with seperate to 5 VLAN
I know that IDS not support to sent RSKill on VLAN switch
but I think it possible ask ISS implementer He told me that if it can
route IDS can sent RSKill
- switch A and B set to stack
- SW1 have 5 VLAN
- NS have 3 wire (RSKill , monitor ,management)
- RSKill , monitor have been configed to VLAN1
- NS Monitor port can see all traffic on SW A&B
- VLAN1 can route to all VLAN
Our LAB Test
- Set custom policy for block ftp_put
- plug notebook in VLAN1 try to use ftp_put and NS can sent RSKill to
- plug notebook in VLAN5 but NS can not sent RSKill
- set up ethereal to sniff traffic on notebook VLAN5 . Then try to ftp
again I excite that after verify packet
I can see RST flag that sent to reset source(FTP server) and
destination(Notebook) with spoof source MAC address
and real MAC desitnation address (capture on notebook VLAN5)
- NS can sent RST flag with real MAC address notebook but Why it can not
reset the connection???
- How to config/place/deploy NS to sent RSKill signal to all VLAN ???
ISSForum mailing list
TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR CHANGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, go to https://atla-mm1.iss.net/mailman/listinfo/issforum
To contact the ISSForum Moderator, send email to mod-issforum@xxxxxxx
The ISSForum mailing list is hosted and managed by Internet Security Systems, 6303 Barfield Road, Atlanta, Georgia, USA 30328.