Re: [ISSForum] Access to lan/wlan

No, no. That is if the service is running or not running. I am talking about a check of the actual existence of Prov Desktop. What if PD is missing altogether? The checkbox will not help that at all. I think there is a way to use a ProventiaG appliance to do this but I am not sure.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesper Norbøll [mailto:jnr@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 1:57 AM
To: CAUSEY, David; Slamet; Muggli, Roger; ISS Forum
Cc: Daniel Walther
Subject: SV: [ISSForum] Access to lan/wlan

  Proventia Desktop (newest version of BlackICE aka RealSecure Desktop Protector)
actually has that feature build in. It's a simple checkbox in the policy. It's named something like "Don't allow network connection if service stopped". It's located where you also can select GUI and shared configuration.

/Jesper N.