Re: [ISSForum] IDS monitor HTTPs traffic

You can write a simple custom signature to monitor the presence of https
traffic, mostly port 443, but without SSL decryption monitoring packet
content is (to my limited knowledge) not possible.

Certain other Network IPS can carry SSL certificates and decrypt SSL traffic
on the fly and monitor content.
However, whilst measures are taken to protect the certificates, getting them
from web site owners outside your control probably won't happen, furthermore
there is a performance hit on the sensor.

Hope this helps

Andy Cuff
Chief Technology Officer
Computer Network Defence Ltd