[ISSForum] APIPA Address and Proventia Desktop

Has anyone else had problems using Proventia desktop and clients that get
APIPA addresses.  (APIPA addresses are those 169.x.x.x addresses that
microsoft assigns when it can't get a DHCP server).

The issue I get is that clients get an APIPA addresses, the APIPA
addresses isn't defined in my Corporate range and the client stays in
default mode (That's all good when APIPA is working right).  I've also
seen APIPA addresses stick around when the adaptor should have dropped
them (IPConfig shows nothing).   The clients should be in corpnet but
remain in default.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone turned off APIPA and had any feedback on that?

Scott