Re: [ISSForum] PROVENTIA HA

Its my understanding that HA for ISS sensors can either be one hot, one
cold standby or two hot sensors (both seeing the traffic at the same
time).  In the Active/Active configuration there is no failover if one
sensor fails.   You just have both working simultaneously.  Where would
your sensors be in the diagram below?  Using a span port on the 6500's or
configured as inline devices between the PIX's and 6500's?

Scott Hazel

"Bill Wharton" <bill_wharton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: issforum-bounces@xxxxxxx
06/27/2006 11:04 AM

<issforum@xxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[ISSForum] PROVENTIA HA

Has anybody deployed the ISS sensors in a high-availability configuration
before? I need to set one up and wondering if this topology would work.

Internet switch ---- (2) PIX firewalls ---- (2) 6500 switches

I have each PIX firewall connecting to a 6500 switch. The PIX firewalls
are
in an active/standby setup with only one firewall passing traffic at all
times.

Thank you