Re: [ISSForum] Cannot get master status on network sensor

I'm not sure exactly whether it'll help (I have information from ISS
that these params do not make any sense now), but try this:
1. in \ISS\issDaemon directory find file iss.access
Check that in [\Roles\] section there are rows like this:
--ISS Access 6.5--
[\];
[\Roles\];
[\Roles\KeyAdministrator\];
[\Roles\KeyAdministrator\SERVERNAME_USERNAME\];

where SERVERNAME - name of SP AS, USERNAME - name of the user account by
which you're trying to manage this sensor.

2. in file \ISS\issDaemon\issDaemon.policy
find row:
master_console  =S	SERVERNAME;

SERVERNAME - the name of AS.

3. Finally, the problem can be arisen due to the different crypto
providers specified in sensor and in manager. This can be checked
manually: /ISS/issDaemon/crypt.policy on the sensor and on the manager
should contain at least one identical crypto provider. If crypto
provider does not noted in crypt.policy, but you're sure that it's
installed on machine, you can add info about crypto provider manually.
Example of crypto provider information:
[\encryption\provider1\];
ProviderType =L 1;
ProviderName =S Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0;
ExchangeName =S RSA_KEYX (1024 bit);
ExchangeID =L 41984;
ExchangeLen =L 1024;
SecretName =S RC4 (128 bit);
SecretID =L 26625;
SecretLen =L 128;
HashName =S SHA-1;
HashID =L 32772;
HashLen =L 160;
[\encryption\provider2\];
ProviderType =L 1;
ProviderName =S Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider v1.0;
ExchangeName =S RSA_KEYX (1536 bit);
ExchangeID =L 41984;
ExchangeLen =L 1536;
SecretName =S 3DES;
SecretID =L 26115;
SecretLen =L 168;
HashName =S SHA-1;
HashID =L 32772;
HashLen =L 160;

All files must be edited when issDaemon is stopped.

---
Best regards, Sergey V. Soldatov.
Information security department.
tel/fax +7 495 745 89 50