sig. subpacket & length conflicts?

To all,

I think I have found another area that *may* be contradictory.

Regarding V4 sigs the two octet scalar octet count for hashable and
unhashable packets conflicts with the signature subpacket lengths.

As stated in 5.2.3.1, signature subpackets can contain lengths up to
0xFFFFFFFF, however the maximum length as defined for ALL hashable (or
unhashable) subpackets is a maximum of 8383 bytes (as indicated by a two
octet scalar).

So, do we limit the subpacket length to two bytes or redefine that maximum
allowed total length for all subpackets (of type hashable or unhashable) as
0xFFFFFFFF ( up to 5 bytes)?

TIA.

Regards

Erron Criddle