Re: OpenPGP vs. OpenPGP/MIME

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Jon Callas <jon@callas.org> wrote:

>At 10:50 AM +0100 2/13/02, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
>>>does not work with many mailing lists (that are configured to
>>>remove attachments),
>>
>>Such mailing lists are broken.
[]
>I must respectfully disagree with this assessment. People who maintain
>computer systems used by a number of people have a responsibility to
>protect that shared resource. Stopping attachments on mailing lists is not
>any more "broken" than putting up a firewall is.

Yes, but there is no reason why mailing-list software should regard
application/pgp-signature as an "attachment" when protecting
mailing-lists against misplaced or dangerous attachments.

(This sent PGP/MIME signed, just to see what happens on this list!)

--
Ian Bell                                           T U R N P I K E