Re: Problems with v4 key packet format

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:52:33 -0700 (PDT), "Hal Finney" said:

> be better if a dead key would stay dead.  Expiration date and creation
> date would be better placed in the key packet, IMO (as they were with
> V3 keys).

We discussed this issue a long time ago and came to the conclusion
that both kinds of exiration dates make a lot of sense.  Prolonging
the expiration time is something what quite some users are doing now
on a regular basis.  If nothing else it helps against a lost
passphrase.

The suggestion was that we put a hard-expiration into a v5 key packet
but keep the existing soft-expiration in the self-signature.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner