Re: [openpgp] ways forward wrt IETF wg - please try answer by Apr 8th

On Wed,  1 Apr 2015 20:57, stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx said:

> option 2: do maintenance work on rfc4880 - produce a 4880bis
> with better crypto options at least, and debate any further
> detailed changes during chartering - the charter will contain
> a list of specific things to do and other things will be out
> of scope (for now)

I prefer this option.

> option 2t: option 2 + add some trust model/key management

I would like to see an _informational_ RFC describing the trust models
currently in use.  Trust models should not be part of OpenPGP because I
fear that we would end up like PKIX by trying to unify the demands of
many different parties.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.  I wrote and maintain most parts of GnuPG (which includes a
complete PKIX implementation in addition to OpenPGP).