Re: [openpgp] Opening up the debate on PKI / WoT / future of OpenPGP

> On Apr 20, 2015, at 9:53 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> What we need is the PKI equivalent of structured programming. PKIX is
> Pascal. PGP is BASIC. Yes, you can do anything with IF-THEN-GOTO. But
> you probably should not try.

If only there were a way to do that.

Let's consider a machine that has a set of simple operations that it can do, like IF-GOTO and another language that did more complex things like IF-THEN-ELSE. If we could make something that could take the complex language and translate it into a set of the simpler statements reliably, then perhaps we could solve that problem.

	Jon