Re: [suse-security] amavis/antivir update problem

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Markus Kohli wrote:

> I'm using amavis with antivir (h+bedv) on 8.1.
> Today my update-cronjob delivered the following:
> ---------------------snip--------------------------------------------------
> AntiVir has an update problem.
>
> A newer version of the following file(s) is available, however
> your license will not work correctly with the new version. You
> probably need to renew your license.

We ship an _evaluation_ license key on SuLi, which is valid for 6-8 month.
(*)
This is mentioned in the mail to root and README.SuSE for the antivir
package. Please visit http://www.antivir.de to get either a personal key
(non-commerical use) for free, or for commerical use buy the correct
license.

best regards,
Rainer Link

(*) we ship a eval license key simply for tha fact, that without an key
antivir returns always 214, regardless if a virus was found or not. This
causes problems when used used withhin amavis, obviously.
--
Rainer Link  |           SuSE Linux AG - The Linux Experts
link@xxxxxxx |  Developer of A Mail Virus Scanner (www.amavis.org)