Re: [suse-security] rcsshd reload

You can savely use "rcsshd restart" even when you are logged on via ssh. The
only thing what will happen is, that the parent-sshd ist killed and startet
again. All the child-processes it spawned before stay alive until these
sessions will be ended by their users.  New ssh-logins will be spawned of the
new parent-sshd.

On Dienstag, 8. April 2003 22:26, Hofmann Informatik wrote:
[rcsshd reload doesn't restart sshd on SuSE 8.2]
> I have to use reload because I'm connected over ssh to the server.
[...]

I don't habe a SuSE 8.2 box at hand, but have yourself a look at
/etc/init.d/sshd. /usr/sbin/rcsshd is a symbolik link to this script on a
SuSE-System.
On a 8.1 reload causes sending a HUP-signal to the ssh daemon process which
should make every daemon reload its config (if it's implemented as it should
be). A "restart" does run a "stop" following a "start". "stop" will send a
TERM-signal to the daemon which will terminate it.

HTH
--
Eat, sleep and go running,
David Huecking.

Encrypted eMail welcome!
GnuPG/ PGP-Key: 0x57809216. Fingerprint:
3DF2 CBE0 DFAA 4164 02C2  4E2A E005 8DF7 5780 9216