[suse-security] Suse 7.3 Crash

Hi to all!

I don't know if this subject belongs to this list, but here it goes.....

I have a Pentium 4 2.4Ghz with 1G of RAM and instaled the SuSe 7.3 Professional distribution.

The installed system is very unstable and once and a while it just reboots without a warning.

I installed the stable kernel 2.4.20 and disabled APM in bios and in the kernel configuration. Now only ACPI works.

The crashes remained.

The behaviour remains the same if i boot in failsafe mode.

Any ideas ?

I also noticed (with top) that the memory used is growing in time. When the system boots there is 126M used and after 3 hours it has
800M used with the same processes. I also noticed that the biggest RSS process value is 11M.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

P.S: sorry about my english.

--