Re: [suse-security] Lock with Apache+Php+MySql

On Friday 25 April 2003 00:32, Peter Poeml wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 05:06:39PM +0200, Pedro Cáliz wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 April 2003 11:47, Peter Poeml wrote:
> > >
> > > What does the command 'cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax' output?
> >
> > 'cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax'  -- > 26458112
>
> Please try again to start apache after issueing 'echo 33554432 >
> /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax'.

GREAT!!! This appears to be enough. All is working again.

> Do you have powertweak installed, and is it
> started by default? It is a known bug that it lowers the value in a
> default configuration.

Yes, I've it installed since 6.Apr.2003, but all was working fine till
12.04.2003. (???)

> > > "unloaded"? What do you mean?
> >
> > 	You know there are some modules added by the suse_loadmodule.conf file,
> > one of wich is mod_php4. Well, I've get off this module from that file
> > (with yast), so mod_php isn't loaded with apache start.
>
> For Apache1, you would need to get rid of _two_ commands: the LoadModule
> command and the AddModule command (which in the other suse_* file). The
> best way is to let SuSEconfig (SuSEconfig --module apache) generate
> those files, after modifying the variables in /etc/sysconfig/apache.

I do all changes with yast, I'm not really an expert to doing so by hand
(yet...I hope... ;-) )

> > 	This morning I've wipe all the phpMyAdmin, mod_php4, mod_php4-core and
> > phplib packages, and I've reinstalled 'cleanly' mod_php4, mod_php4-core
> > and phplib. But the problem remains.
> > 	I've no idea where may reside the small change that locks all, and there
> > are no other message than 'PHP Fatal error:  Unable to start session mm
> > module in Unknown on line 0' in the /var/log/httpd/error.log.
> > 	Do you know if apache has a 'debug' or 'trace all' mode?
>
> Yes, set LogLevel in /etc/httpd/httpd.conf to debug, but it won't show
> more I guess.

Interesting for future issues.

> The problem in your case is that php won't start (not
> apache) because it wants to allocate a large amount of shared memory by
> default. Try 'echo | php' to see this confirmed...
>
> Peter

Thanks a lot. I'm sure I'll never be able to find the solution my shelf.

Regards

Pedro