Re: [suse-security] Lock with Apache+Php+MySql

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 01:16:33PM +0200, Pedro Cáliz wrote:
> 	Your recommendation works fine till the systems reboots:
> /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax has again the value 26458112.
>
> 	I've take a look in powertweak, and I can find two params. about shared
> memory:
> 		- kernel-shmall  =  2
> 		- kernel/shmall  =  2097152
>
> 	Both entries sugest that, with some products installed like Oracle, you must
> raise this values. Do you think I must do it?

For some reason the powertweak package ships with a strange default
value for this parameter. You've got two choices: deinstall (or not
start) powertweak, or play with that setting so a value of ~32 MB is
restored. (33554432 is 0x2000000)

Peter

--
Thought is limitation. Free your mind.