Re: [suse-security] how do I build iptable-protection for scanners like nmap

On Monday 26 May 2003 21:03, Sigfred Håversen wrote:

> Just buying a cheap DSL router, and let it function as some kind of
> "personal firewall", will help many people alot against misconfigurations.

I think most users with at least two brain cells can manage to set the single
configuration parameter of the personal firewall. For modem, ISDN and DSL
connections, it requires one mouse click to 'Activate Firewall'. Easy enough.

Arjen
--
51 N 25' 05.1" - 05 E 29' 13.3"