Re: [suse-security] Creating rpm of locally compiled kernel

Am Montag, 14. Juli 2003 15:48 schrieb Simon Oliver:

> So I decided to download the vanilla 2.4.20 kernel source form
> ftp.kernel.org and found that it won't compile with the C compiler that
> comes with SuSE 8.2 (3.3 20030226).

I could compile a Vanilla kernel (incl grscec and ippp patch) with 8.2, but I
had problems with some modules. Since I didn't need these modules really, I
disabled them. Sorry I don't remember the problematic modules. I had also
troubles with the cpu at this time, so I didn't report the errors.

Al