Re: RE: [suse-security] SCP-proxy / SFTP-proxy wanted

Hi Michael,
well, it does not prevent building up the first tunnel (which
is a little bit uncomfortable for some users) - but anyway: it
sounds interesting and I will try it...

Thanks a lot everybody who commented and/or helped...
Christoph

17.7.2003 11:19:59, "GentooRulez" <paranoiac_user@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>>Then I did the following:
>>
>>On the outside-machine I started an ssh tunnel to our ssh-
>>gateway:
>>
>># ssh -L 1234:<machine>.inside.net:22 <user_on_ssh_-gateway>
>>@ssh-gateway
>>
>>When the tunnel was up, I opened another session and did the
>>following:
>>
>># scp -P 1234 <source-file> <user_on_inside>@localhost:
>><destination-file>
>>
>>Works like a charm, but maybe there is an easier solution?
>
>Just a proposal:
>
>You can take sshfs to mount to remote fs transparently on your
>outside box. Onced it is mounted you can handle files with
more
>ease.
>
>shfsmount [options] [user@]hostname[:port][/root] mount_point
-o
>mount_options
>
>And with [options] you can do that all in one command, at
least it seems so.

--
    .-.                              Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
    /v\    L   I   N   U   X         Lehrstuhl fuer Biophysik

Tel: +49 (234) 32-25754              Fax: +49 (234) 32-14626
mailto:christoph.wegener@xxxxxxxxxx  http://www.bph.rub.de

"Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just
look what they can do when they stuck together." (Vesta Kelly)