From: Ulrich Roth [mailto:Roth@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 1:25 PM
To: suse-security@xxxxxxxx
Subject: AW: [suse-security] Newbie Question re. Firewall2 vs. IPTABLES

Hi Knut,

> i am new to SuSE (Linux in generall) and have been fiddeling with
> firewall 2 for some time.
>
> My question is: If i deactivate SuSEfirewall2 (using YaST), will any
> IPTABLES rule i might create afterward still take action? And if not,
> where do i enable it (IPTABLES)?
Iptables is enabled by default. SuSEfirewall2 is only a shell script that runs many many iptables commands, depending on how you configure it. You may create your own script to execute iptables commands, or you may use SuSE's firewall script. SuSE made this script in order to make life easier for admins. Bye
	Uli
--
Ulrich Roth
IMPACT Business & Technology Consulting GmbH