Re: [suse-security] setup of openldap2 to replace nis

Hi Paul, moin List. ;)

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Paul Elliott wrote:

>What is the proper way to setup an openldap2 server to replace NIS?
>server and clients SuSE 8.2?
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/ldap-auth.php
http://www.padl.com/Contents/Documentation.html

The first is a howto for mandrake but it shows how all the stuff works.
The second URL has much more docs concerning your question.

>Is there a way you don't have to have a password stored in a file?
I dont think so. All passwords will be stored in your ldap-tree.

Cheers, Michael

--
 It's a book about a Spanish guy called Manual, you should read it.
                                                      -- Dilbert