Re: [suse-security] suse 8.1 : ptrace exploit still working fine!? MAybe sligthly OT.

On Dec 3, Dirk Schreiner <dirk.schreiner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so what do we learn about this?
> Never do a automatic Update and run YOU interactive.
> [...]
> What about a YOU option to spezify the Mailaddress
> where YOU-Messages are mailed to in auto-Mode?
That's why fou4s sends you a detailed report about all necessary updates
and lets you decide what to do. Most kernel updates also have pre-install
information that requires interactive mode (so you have to confirm that
you want a kernel update). I would only automate such things, if I had a
huge amount of equal workstations ...

Markus
http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/