Re: [suse-security] Kernel Update problem

On 12/05/2003 06:06 PM, Markus Gaugusch wrote:

On Dec 5, Joe Morris (NTM) <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I tried to install the updated kernel [8.2] twice, but no go.
Your report os not really accurate. Please tell the error message you got.
Well, it installed twice, but would not boot both times, so I got fairly proficient using the Rescue Cd an mounting my system and reinstalling 2.4.20-100. 101's error was , after the graphical Grub screen, the black screen with Loading Linux................................... at which point the screen went black, keyboard could not make it respond, no output on any tty, nothing. Any ideas?

--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission