Re: [suse-security] Some services fail when rebooting after kernel update

Hi Olaf

On Monday 08 December 2003 09:55, Olaf Kirch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [...] looks like startproc exits with status code 7. (There is no
> exit(7) in the openssh shource code anywhere). Exit code 7 from
> startproc means "program is not running". This sounds a little
> weird. Does sshd run despite this error?

Whoops, how incompetent of me. I just trusted the status message and
didn't check this before.
Yes, it is up and running. Must be something wrong with the
startproc script then. Anyhow, thanks a lot.

> I'll try to find out why that module was renamed, because all
> our other kernels seem to use snd-intel8x0.o

For the sake of completeness I should say that the module has not
only been renamed, but also moved from

/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/kernel/sound/pci

/lib/modules/2.4.18-4GB/misc

> You could, but I think the better approach is to edit
> /etc/modules.conf and change the "alias snd-card-0" line:
>
> alias snd-card-0 snd-card-intel8x0

I tried so, but it didn't work out. Now I'm getting the following
error message:

Starting sound driver:  card-intel8x0
done
The running ALSA driver looks obsolete.  Stop ALSA
now./usr/sbin/alsactl: get_controls:432: snd_ctl_open error: Sound
protocol is not compatible
failed