Re: [suse-security] Kernel update (8.1) breaks iptables owner module

In message <5uqmPPCXPa0$EAQz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roger Hayter <roger@xxxxxxxxxx> writes
I just updated to the latest kernel patch on SuSE 8.1. Now using 2.4.21-151-athlon. Iptables rules containing -m owner now give "Invalid Argument" when run. A few experiments suggest this is a general failure of the module, not just a particular filter line. It is successfully loaded, and gives a different error message if, for instance, I use --uid-owner with an invalid userid. Does anyone think I can use an rpm of a later version of iptables without breaking SuSEfirewall2? The rpm version of iptables in 8.1 is 1.2.7a-17. Would it be useful to recompile it? Thanks for any advice.

AMI, rebuilding the 8.1 iptables src.rpm, with the athlon autoconf.h linked to /usr/src/linux/include, fixed this.
--
Roger Hayter