Re: [suse-security] A question and some thanks

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 17:58, Allen K wrote:
> Hi all, I wanted to first say thanks. Everyone here seems very nice, and
> extremly intelligent. I'v been using SuSE for almost a year now and I used to
> be on this list and a few others before it. And I wanted to say thanks to
> everyone here because I have learned alot about securing Linux from being
> here.
>
> Question:
>
> I know uptime shouldn't be the reason patches are installed, I install all
> patches on my system but only like 2 have ever needed a reboot, and that was
> Nvidia drivers and the kernel. So I was wondering what everyone's best uptime
> they have ever seen was. Currently this box has ...Well, in about 30 minutes
> it will have 27 days, and it is used daily. 28 days was my best untill a
> power outage occured. But anyway, whats the best youv had? Or seen at a
> place of work?
> --
> We Are 138

Once had a system that was well over a year of up time.  HP I70 (I
believe).  Was  the  groups email server, web server, lotus notes,
file/print share, development, and  used to develop a oracle
application.  Unfortunately it was the oracle admin that trashed the
raid disks.  Took better part of the night to recover the system from
that.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid@cfl.rr.com>