Re: [suse-security] A question and some thanks

Hi Allen

I've been mostly following the SLE-list, but also this one ofcourse :-)

I'm keeping up 4 different small companies Linux-servers..

They have ADSL-lines every one of them, so SuSE is acting as firewall/printer
server/HD-server/nightly-backups/VPN-tunnels/Internet-proxy with timers and
e-mail filterin computer among other stuff that I use them :-)

Best uptimes I had with them just before upgrading was around 250-300 days!

With Linux it is very easy to achieve uptimes over 100 days before rebooting..
And usually the reboot is needed because HW (like cleaning the dust from
inside, changing fans etc).. and not because OS faults...

Jaska.
Ps. Happy new year to all!