Re: [suse-security] nmap on SuSE 9.0

Hello,

> Yet again that topic is adressed here. in a good way, though:
>
> i have prepared a rpm package of nmap with the modification suggested in a
> post on the nmap developer list. feel free to grab it from
> ftp://ftp.eregion.de/pub/ and try it out. Source RPM is there as well, for
> the courious.

Is it possible to install this RPM on a system running the Suse 9.0 Live-Eval?
I gave it a shot with YaST2, thinking it would be a good way to test, and
received the following:

"nmap.rpm failed
rpm output:
error:cannot open Packages index using db3 - Read-only file system (30)
error:cannot open Packages database om /var/lib/rpm"

I'm not very familiar with the Live-Eval, but thought there would be a way to
"install" this updated RPM for the current session?

Thanks for the RPM!  Once I get home on my system running a full installation
of SuSE 9.0 I'll give it a try.

Mark