[suse-security] Re: Fwd: Enterprise server 8 not vulnerable to do_mremap()?]

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:34:18PM +0100, Olaf Kirch wrote:
> I notice that SLES 8 is not listed as vulnerable to the do_mremap()

That was an oversight, for which we apologize.

> vulnerability, and that there's no update.  Does this mean that the kernel
> which came with SP3 in early November was already patched with this?

I just double checked, and updates for SLES8-i386 are indeed
available from the maintenance web at
http://portal.suse.com/psdb/SuSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-8-for-x86.html
(Don't be fooled by the date which says Dec 2003).

Updates for sles8-ppc are available as well, and notification mails should
have been sent to all registered maintenance customers.  Updates for other
architectures and sles7 are in the pipeline but need to pass QA first.

Regards,
Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch     |  Stop wasting entropy - start using predictable
okir@xxxxxxx   |  tempfile names today!