Re: [suse-security] 2.4.21-168 kernel RPM's vs. 2.4.21-169 sources

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Philippe Vogel wrote:

> Another strange thing:
>
> 8.1 = kernel-2.4.21
> 8.2 = kernel-2.4.20
>
> Is there newer developement on 8.1 than on 8.2?

I would suspect that this has something to do with SuSE 8.1 being the
original basis of SLES8. On SLES8 the kernels where updated with Service
Pack 3 to make SLES8 more hyperthreading aware and I suspect they have
released the same kernel update for 8.1 to get more feed back from the
general user community. - As I said this is my personal suspicviion and
somebody from SuSE may give you a better answer.

Best regards
Hubba