Re: [suse-security] 2.4.21-168 kernel RPM's vs. 2.4.21-169 sources

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 11:24:26PM +0000, Hubertus Haniel wrote:
> original basis of SLES8. On SLES8 the kernels where updated with Service
> Pack 3 to make SLES8 more hyperthreading aware and I suspect they have
> released the same kernel update for 8.1 to get more feed back from the
> general user community. - As I said this is my personal suspicviion and
> somebody from SuSE may give you a better answer.

That is exactly the point. SLES8 is based on 8.1, and some of the
changes got merged back into the 8.1 package base after release
of SP3.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch     |  Stop wasting entropy - start using predictable
okir@xxxxxxx   |  tempfile names today!