Re: [suse-security] SuSE 8.1 hacked?

Hi again.
I just re-installed a SuSE 8.1 and included all patches and updates avaliable,
I will now re-install all old services and its contents one by one;I hope
nothing else than the system was compromised!

I guess my mistake was not having all patches aplied, but my serious doubt is:
I had a 2.4.23 kernel, so how could the intruder become root after the
breakthrough? It is supposed to be the last 2.4 kernel avaliable, could have
he used another exploit?

Thanks to all for the interest.