Re: [suse-security] Can be Authenticated When Checking into CUPS Admin

Hello,

On Jan 7 14:14 John Dey wrote (shortened):
> I have installed SL9.0.
> When I browse to http://localhost:631, I get the top level from CUPS.
> However, when I click on Administration and respond to username and password
> by entering  my root account information, I am informed that can not be
> authenticated.

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2003/09/jsmeix_print-einrichten-90.html

By the way:

1.
This is also mentioned in the "Release notes" which are shown at the
end of the installation:
file:///usr/share/doc/release-notes/RELEASE-NOTES.en.html

2.
If you use YaST you don't need to authenticate for CUPS because
YaST uses CUPS library calls which are equivalent to CUPS's "lpadmin"
command line tool which you can use as well without authentication.

Kind regards,
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX AG, Maxfeldstrasse 5                 Mail: jsmeix@xxxxxxx