Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 behaves strangely

Hi Andreas,

first of all sorry but I can't help you with your problem because
I don't know SuSEfirewall2.

> Does anybody know how I can tell the SuSEfirewall2...
> ... to stealth *all* ports to the internet, including port 113.

nothing wrong about that

> ... to ignore all ICMP-requests from the outside.

very bad idea, don't just block all icmp packets.
One reaseon why you should _not_ do this is explained here

http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/usenet/Firewall.html#PMTUD

> ... to allow ICMP-requests from the LAN.
> ... to access the internet from my firewall-machine.

> Thanks for any help you could offer!
> Andreas (Berlin, Germany)

marc