Re: [suse-security] SuSE 9.0: postfix sasl authentikation fails

On Friday 09 January 2004 14:59, Marc Samendinger wrote:

>  smtpd_sender_restrictions =
>  	permit_mynetworks,
>  	permit_sasl_authenticated,
>  	reject

You would drop virtually all incoming mail from external, non-authenticated
users to you. I can't imagine this is what you want. I think the following
lines may be more appropriate:

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
	permit_mynetworks,
	permit_sasl_authenticated,
	permit_auth_destination,
	reject

The above translates to allow all 'MAIL FROM' sender adresses, but only accept
'RCPT TO' adresses if the client is from 'mynetworks', 'sasl_authenticated'
or the recipient is in the list of domains for which we recieve or relay
mail.

Best regards,
Arjen