Re: [suse-security] Tripwire on SuSE 9.0??

> If you know anything drastically wrong with using AIDE, please tell me!

Not having been maintained in years isn't in its favour. I've had it
segfault continually in some situations but didn't work out exactly
what the situations are, but suspect it has some thing to do with I/O
errors on a file it tries to check, this covers both files with are
opened exclusively by another process and those which contain an
unreadable disk block. If there are indeed a few checks missing after
some fopen() or fread() calls, it seems to me that the software hasn't
quite reached majurity for a security app. Other than that I never
found a fault with it.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.