[suse-security] Suse 73 kernel update

For the benefit of desperate 7.3 users who want to upgrade their kernels with the latest fix:

I have upgraded 4 7.3 machines with the kernel for Suse 8.0. It's the same major kernel version 2.4.18 as the latest 7.3 kernel and have worked without a problem for about a week now.

I see that the sound modules have renamed and reorganized quite a bit between the 2 kernels. So, you might have difficulty with your sound card functionality if you need it.

Also some more obscure driver modules have been dropped or renamed. Anyway, you might want to give it a try until you can schedule a whole system upgrade. Testing on a test machine would be really useful, though.

Selcuk