Re: [suse-security] Plaintext passwords IMAP please!

Am Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2004 17:29 schrieb BarkerJr:
> > however teaching all the clients that they should trust a self-signed
> > cert sure isn't, so this may not be a viable option for you anyway.
>
> Sounds like an Outlook Express issue to me.  Don't blame SuSE for
> Microsoft's shortcomings.

To stop the endless complaining from Outlook about a "untrusted CA", create a
cert-file for your certificate authority, and import it with the Internet
Explorer. Further informations:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/02/20/linuxhacks.html

Or use Mozilla Mail, it stops complaining after one click..

Regards,

Henning