Re: [suse-security] maybe off topic, ports ftp - simplest software approach

With regard to client software, in SuSE 8.2 the Konqueror windows are fine
without added software.

>From my experiments, all I did was go into the address bar and instead of a
local file location I just put something like...

sftp://our-headoffice.co.uk/home/carl/work-folder

And the relevant files were visible there, with full drag and drop.  I
happen to have set up a local identity file and private/public key pair in
my home directory .ssh subfolder plus copied them using sftp to our head
office server in my home directory there .ssh subfolder, public key appended
to authorized_keys so when I log in it's all automatically handled.  However
I've tried sites where no public key trust exists and it just asks for a
username password as you'd expect.

Really nice and simple and gives *better* functionality than Windows where
sftp/scp clients have to be run as stand-alone programs!

Regards,
Carl