Re: [suse-security] maybe off topic, ports ftp

> I need to upload photoos (as a photographer) so yes the files are large.
> when abroad I run into all kind of problems mailing them.
>
> Usually this is done by means of a mac and then use sagem easy-transfer
> isdn filetransfer protocol, but I use XP on my laptop and linux at home.

This is off-topic, however, what about using something like
php to upload files?

All you need then is a password protected server script on
your target machine to upload the files via HTTP(S?).

Save messing about with FTP.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards - Keith Roberts