Re: [suse-security] Sendmail TLS package for 9.0

Drew J. Como wrote:
All,

Does anyone have a TLS-enabled Sendmail package
for SuSE 9.0?  I have been searching high and low
and cannot come up with one (other than building
Sendmail from scratch.)

IIRC in the past SUSE shipped an additional sendmail-tls
package, but IIRC this functionality was put into the
base package.

This is a quote from /etc/sysconfig/sendmail:

## Type:        list(server,client,both)
## Default:     ""
#
# STARTTLS certification, for an explanation read
# /usr/share/doc/packages/sendmail/op.txt.bz2 and
# http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/starttls.html
# The certification and key files are placed at
# /etc/mail/certs/ as CA.cert.pem, MYServer.cert.pem,
# MYServer.key.pem (for STARTTLS server) and
# MYClient.cert.pem, MYClient.key.pem (for STARTTLS client)
# possible values are `server', `client', or `both'.
#
STARTTLS=""

I apologize if this is not the stuff you're looking for.

best regards,
Rainer Link