Re: [suse-security] Sendmail TLS package for 9.0

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:01:33PM -0500, Drew J. Como wrote:
: Markus,
:
: With the SuSE 9.0 sendmail package by default,
: it is linked against said library, however,
: when I telnet into localhost on Port 25 and issue
: the ehlo command, I see the following:
:
: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
: 250-PIPELINING
: 250-8BITMIME
: 250-SIZE
: 250-DSN
: 250-ETRN
: 250-AUTH GSSAPI CRAM-MD5
: 250-DELIVERBY
: 250 HELP
:
: I don't see anything in regards to '250-STARTTLS'.

That's b/c you probably haven't configured the certs that you need on
your end.  So, while sendmail may support STARTTLS, you need to
actually configure it to activate it.

To be certain, just issue the command 'sendmail -bt -d0.1' to get a
listing of what features a particular build of sendmail supports.

        --Jerry

--
"In argument, truth is discovered."
        -- Old Russian Proverb