Re: [suse-security] /usr/sbin/compartment fails to chroot for non-root user

Tom Knight wrote:

> Looking at the file "problem" that strace creates tells me that:
> <snip>
> [400e10cd] chroot("/home/update.jail")  = -1 EPERM (Operation not permitted)

man 2 chroot:
SYNOPSIS
       #include <unistd.h>

       int chroot(const char *path);

DESCRIPTION
       chroot  changes the root directory to that specified in path.
       This directory will be used for path names beginning with /.
       The root directory is inherited by all children of  the
       current process.

       Only the super-user may change the root directory.

> Any ideas on how to solve this?

Clean programming and suid-binaries.

--
Have fun,