[suse-security] Filesystem choice in secure server installation

Hi,

I was reading the SLES8_EAL2_SecurityGuide.pdf
http://www.suse.de/de/security/eal2/SLES8_EAL2_SecurityGuide.pdf

On page 8 it stated to have the "/" partion as ext3. If I remember
correctly SuSE had ReiserFS since 6.4 and and it has been the default
choice of filesystem for quite a time.
So want I want to understand is what makes "ext3" as a better choice for
the meeting of criteria and what are the reasons reiserfs fails.

I do not want to start a flame war but I want to understand the facts in
making such a decision.

Thanks and greetings from Stuttgart
--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer		Please reply to the list;

		Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum